Customising your feedback board
Disable your feedback board from being indexed by Google
- How to stop Google from indexing your feedback board
- How disabling indexing works
- Does disabling indexing work for all search engines?
- Related content
You might want to disable your feedback board, and all suggestions, from being indexed by Google for a number of reasons:
- You want your feedback board to be discreet because you work in an industry where discretion is important
- You don’t want your feedback board outranking other content or being easily visible when competitors search for certain terms relating to your company
How to stop Google from indexing your feedback board
From your dashboard go to ‘Board settings’:
Then to the ‘Appearance’ tab.
Tick the ‘Block search engine indexing’ checkbox.
How disabling indexing works
We can only request Google not to index your feedback board. We can’t force them. We add the meta tag:
<meta name="robots" content="noindex">
This action is in accordance with Google’s advice on blocking search indexing.
It might take some days or weeks for Google to detect the change and honour it.
Does disabling indexing work for all search engines?
We’re not completely sure. Google writes:
You should be aware that some search engine web crawlers might interpret the noindex directive differently. As a result, it is possible that your page might still appear in results from other search engines.
However, Bing definitely honours the noindex meta tag, so blocking works with them.
Need more help with this?