Using your feedback board as a moderator
Email notifications for customers
- Who receives notification emails?
- When are notification emails sent?
- Preventing abuse
- Related articles
We understand that part of the attraction of a feedback board is being able to let your customers and team know that you’re acting on their feedback. So we make it super easy for you to tell them with automated email notifications.
The initial contributor and anyone who commented on the suggestion are notified as soon as you change the status of a suggestion.
Automated notification emails are great because:
- You don’t have to do anything as a moderator – it’s automated
- Customers or your team instantly see that you’re hard at work
- Email is an effective way of communicating with people who want to hear from you
All paid, active accounts have email notifications enabled for all their boards. Contact us at email@example.com if you’d like email notifications turned off for your board.
Who receives notification emails?
- The person who made the suggestion
- Any person who commented on the suggestion
- Anyone who voted on the suggestion (this is optional)
- Moderators don’t get notified. We figure you know what’s going on already.
If you want voters to be given the option of email notification, check the box on the customisation section of your dashboard.
Anyone who upvotes a suggestion then sees this message:
When are notification emails sent?
- Emails are sent once a day. If you make multiple changes to a suggestion, we’ll combine those into a single email notification.
People who receive emails can stop ‘following’ with a single click.
We take our responsibility towards you and your customers very seriously and actively work to make sure all emails are as secure as possible. With the help of Postmark we track our email delivery and the rate of bounces, spam reports, and unintended uses. We also actively monitor the emails we send, looking out for any possible abuse of your account by others.
As a result of our efforts, your team and customers are very unlikely to have any issues with spam.
We’ve also had a few instances of spammers trying to become Feature Upvote customers simply to send spam emails. So boards that are triggering well beyond a reasonable number of notifications will have email notifications disabled and, if we find due cause, this type of ‘customer’ will be banned from using Feature Upvote.
Your online security is very important to us and we’ll do everything we can to ensure your account is protected.
Need more help with this?