Customising your feedback board
Controlling who can post and vote using permissions
You can control how customers and your team use your board in a number of ways. This is to support certain use cases:
- You want customers or team members to vote on specific ideas rather than add their own
- You want to show customers and B2B clients what you are working on but don’t want them to contribute to the board directly
- You only want moderators to add comments to feedback rather than everyone
- You want to hide the vote counts so that they don’t influence others
What you can control using permissions
Feature Upvote allows you to control three actions:
- Who can add suggestions
- Who can add comments to suggestions
- Who can vote
- Who can see the vote counts
In each case, you can give permission to
- Everyone (the default)
- Moderators only
How you can make changes
Go to your Feature Upvote dashboard.
Select ‘Settings’ from your dashboard.
Select ‘Access & Permissions’
In the panel labelled ‘Permissions’ configure Feature Upvote to suit your requirements.
- Turning off access to add suggestions keeps existing suggestions visible.
- Turning off access to add comments hides existing comments.
- Turning off access to upvote keeps existing vote counts visible.
- Moderating suggestions
- Merging and splitting suggestions
- Editing and commenting on suggestions
- Editing and moderating comments
Need more help with this?