Receive notifications of new suggestions and comments in a Slack channel.
Configuring Slack integration
Preparation on Slack:
- Create a channel called feature-requests or something similar. The name is not important so choose a name that suits you. You can also use an existing channel.
Perform the following steps:
- From your Feature Upvote dashboard, go to Products > Board settings > Integrations, find Slack and click Enable.
- Click on the Add to Slack button. You’ll be redirected to the Slack website.
- If you are not signed into Slack in your browser, you’ll be prompted to sign in. Do so.
- You’ll be prompted by Slack to choose a channel. You must choose a channel to continue.
- Click the Authorize button.
- You’ll now be returned to Feature Upvote with a confirmation that Slack has now been integrated.
Feature Upvote will immediately send a test message to your chosen Slack channel.
If you see this message, your Slack integration is now configured correctly.
Using Slack integration
Each new suggestion appears in your Slack channel and includes a button to view the new suggestion.
Likewise, each new comment appears in your Slack channel and includes a button to view the new comment.